SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cheoy Lee Midshipman 40
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008

night0wl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starboardyacht View Post
Niteowl,
are you gonna be able to sea test the boat? Are you close enough to spend some time with this boat, more that just a few hours? Last fall i found a boat i've always liked that i could afford (Vagabond 47).... it was love at first sight, i saw her at the dock and had visions of topless girls in bora bora , winning the newport to bermuda.... on a V47, yea right.... anyway i got all swept away. the broker let me spend the week-end on the boat at the dock and i came to understand why i could afford this boat... she was great tied to the dock but i could not afford to make her sea worthy. at first i thought i can fix this, and this, and this, and this, ect... my point is if i had not spent time with the old girl her price and sexy lines would have sucked me in before i realized she wasn't right for me. good luck and keep us informed......
Probably not. I think it would be one of those plays that you look at base price and start lowering based on everything the survey reveals wrong...and stick to it. No wiggling at all. Given that its a ketch with 44' mast (vs Pearson Ketch's with 52 or 58' masts), it's not going to be a racer by any means.

Last edited by night0wl; 01-29-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook