SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sabre 30 mk 1/2--any reviews online?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
how about mkIII info

Quote:
Originally Posted by josrulz View Post
Hey folks,
Could anyone please direct me to a good (as in thorough) review (or reviews) of the MKI/II Sabre 30? I can't seem to find one--Boat US and Practical Sailor don't have one on that boat, and the archives here haven't turned up much besides mentioning the boat. I find plenty of reviews/info on the 28 and the 34, but would like to get some perspective on the 30.

If anyone has some personal experience with the Sabre 30, that's great too, but I don't want to make you repeat what's already out there if it exists. If it matters, I'm on the Chespeake Bay. As some of you may recall from my other posts, I'm an experienced sailor just beginning the search for my first boat.
Thanks as always!
-J
if you don't mind some perspective from a sabre 30 mkIII owner, i might be able to help you.
most of the differences between models are mostly cosmetic i think. i will say the one thing i like about my boat, is the engine access. i can pull the whole companionway steps away to expose the engine. this is much more convenient than my sis's 34 mkI, and a huge benefit when you need to get in there and wrestle stuff.
my boat sails like a dream, and will walk away from said sister's boat. they have the k/cb config, and i can point much higher, however, they can go places i can't w/ a 5'3" draft.
any other questions, just pm me..i keep my boat on the lower chesapeake btw.

Sam
Sanctuary, Sabre 30 mkIII
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook