SailNet Community - View Single Post - decent sleep anyone?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008

MattGardner is on a distinguished road
Walmart (shudder) carries a 6" mattress pad that is a combo of 3 1/2" of regular foam with a 1 1/2" memory foam top. King size runs around $130.00. They also carry 8" and 12" solid memory foam pads in their online store (they will ship free to your local Walmart). Despite despising Walmart, I think I'm gonna pick up one of these 6" pads since I am fed up with slipping part way down between the cushion seams. I've already tried 1" thick egg crate foam, and have added a 1" memory foam on top of that, but over time they both start sinking into the gaps and they tend to bunch up and get lumpy...and I'm tired of having to smooth out my mattress every night before bed. Problem is that down at the foot well of my '80 Hunter 33' that 6" pad will take up most the the remaining vertical space available...I'll have to store the V-berth cushions and use just the mattress pad.

ahhh...and as an aside.
TIP: I heat up an 8" cast iron skillet on my stove, and rub it around under the blankets before jumping into bed...a cheap alternative to an electric blanket for warming up the bed during these cold winter nights.

Cheers.

Last edited by MattGardner; 02-02-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook