SailNet Community - View Single Post - nor 'Sea 27... are they as slow as they look?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008
benjiwoodboat

benjiwoodboat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to benjiwoodboat
Interesting, France. My plans as well. I assume you read some of my Nor'sea blog. But I'll try to give you some unbiased answers to your questions.

Ed and Ellen Zacko, and many others have crossed the ocean. I have not. Based on my experiences sailing her, I think she'd be comfortable, and I'd have no concerns about doing it. I'd want to increase the size of the cockpit drains though. As far as speed, it's a 27' boat. BUT she's narrow for her length, so she is rather nimble, and cuts through seas far better than a wider boat, such as the W28. I don't think she looks slow at all. A Westsail looks fat, tubby and slow. A nor'sea does not. She isnt all that heavy, her weight is just perfect IMO. Enough to keep you safe, not too much to bog you down in light airs. She is well built, and strong, but that does not hinder her in anyway. Nor'seas are expensive, because they are quality. Climb aboard one and you'll understand.

I'm selling mine because I don't need a boat that can be trailered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starboardyacht View Post
Howdy folks,
... and i run across a nor'Sea 27.... salty looking little ship, heavy, built like a tank, and slow? i've read some of the owners blogs but how objective can you really be about your boat? So my questions are:
  • Is this really a safe bluewater boat, capable of crossing the atlantic with a reasonable degree of comfort and speed?
  • They are not cheap, are they worth the money?
Merci'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by benjiwoodboat; 02-04-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook