SailNet Community - View Single Post - Impressions at the Show
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Ok, as mentioned, opinions are like A@$%#$. I was aboard the same boats ,at the same show, and came away with a very different feel. It is no secret that I'm not a big Hunter fan, but I went looking and collecting literature for a buddy of mine. I found the Hunters to have the most cheaply built, and poorly designed interiors of any boat I have ever been on. I saw companionway ladders that had what looked to be partical board sides that will no doubt crumble as soon as they get wet. I had a repeated problem with hitting my head on doorways that were too short (I am 6' 0" tall), lots of little 4-5" step-up/down inside that made for tripping hazards, and kept banging my shins on things that we placed in ackward places.

If you want a big interior, that you have to crawl around inside of, and a big clunky exterior that looks like a Clorox bottle, buy a Hunter. I found the Catalina's to be very roomy (remember I currently sail a 40 yr. old design) and much better designed for actual use. I personally like the Bene's, but I don't have the experience with them that tjk- has.

The Micro/Nav station combo was pretty funny!