SailNet Community - View Single Post - Impressions at the Show
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortjk1 View Post
After the so called Production Boats, despite the negative feedback they have been getting lately, my favorite boat was the Tartan 4300. It had a very comfortable interior and nice build quality. I did not like the placement of the Nav center as it was aft of the galley. I prefer to see the nav station more a part of the salon and not removed from it. Other than that, it was a beautiful boat with traditional lines with traditional ports and not that crappy looking curved coach roof.
There are two interior arrangements offered in the T4300. I prefer the alternate layout which offers three sleeping cabins and a forward facing nav station in the more traditional location (starboard side, near the base of the companionway ladder).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfriend View Post
I also really liked the Cheasapeake Bay sailing dinghies. Sturdy, easy to build, aesthetically pleasing, light, and not too expensive.
Assuming you mean the Chesapeake Light Craft dinghies, they are neat, aren't they? We have the 11.5' sailing pram and it's a lot of fun, to build and sail!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook