SailNet Community - View Single Post - Impressions at the Show
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008
Cruiser/Lats and Atts TV

Moonfish is on a distinguished road
I like reading people's a*#s, er, I mean opinions...

Seriously, it is a continual source of amusement to me that one person can say "Friends don't let friends drive Ford", while the very next person will say "Chevy's suck!" It's as inane as taking the "tastes great" "less filling" argument seriously.

I spent a week once in a condo on the north side of Kaui (in Hawaii). It was beautiful, warm and sunny, lush, etc. The guy I worked for at the time told me I shouldn't go there "because it rains all the time on the north side". Yup, he spent a weekend there once (at a different time of year) where it rained both days. So, according to him, that meant it rained all the time there. Fortunately, I did my research and I that was just his a%$. Oops, did it again. I mean opinion...

If anyone bothers to read this, yes I do have a point - and it is about sailing. If you are in the market for a sailboat, and you have a budget, look at the boats in your budget with an open mind. Be deliberate and gather factual, substantive information that you can use to compare "apples to apples". If you go strictly by other's opinions, you'll never buy a boat, becuase you'll always find someone who thinks that particular boat "sucks"...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Always approach the dock at the speed you wish to hit it."
s/v VENUS
1978 North Sea 33 Pilothouse Cutter (Ta Chiao)

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook