SailNet Community - View Single Post - Impressions at the Show
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
As the old saying goes, boat types are an opinion. Personally, I would not take what many of you call boats, ie Valients, Tayana's etc. They are good to excellent boats tho! I prefer the likes of the C&C's, Deilers, X-Yachts, or Jeanneaus non existant Sun Fast line. ie cruiser/racer to racer/cruiser style boats. The new jeanneaus are plain uuuuugly, those deck salons yucko! No matter the brand for that matter!

I did not go onto any of the Hunters at the recent Seattle show, nor did I go on any Catilina's. i did go on a jeanneau or two, C&C, Benateau 36.7, wife actually liked this one, surprisingly enough! Hanse was one of her favorites for the interior. Otherwise, the travelers on the cabin top, away from the helms person, what a joke!

Again, it all depends upon what you are looking for! My opinions are mine, yours are yours. In the end, whom cares. I still wish I could fine a 35'ish foot version of Giulietta! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in my dreams! In the meant time, my 23 yr old jeanneau Arcadia, will have to do, steel keel and all! Along with a few other things folks do not seem to like, yet she is fast, nimble, traveler where it belongs, in the cockpit.........races well...........We did find a really nice 5 yr old used rig..............now to negotiate!

marty