SailNet Community - View Single Post - St. Vincent Bareboat
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Skip the whole Grenada section of the trip. Ain't worth the time in a 7 day cruise. Everything else is close and can be done in any order. Don't miss Bequia or Canouan and the Tobago Cays ARE what it is all about! Here's my suggestion for 7 days...not necessarily in this order. I did not adjust the distances but nothing is far from anything else.

Day 1
Arrive Sunsail Hotel and Lagoon Marina, St. Vincent
Arrive at The Lagoon Hotel and Marina with excellent facilities including its own restaurant and bar. Take a dip in the pool and end your day relaxed and ready to start your adventure!

Day 2
Saltwhistle Bay, Mayreau 18miles /3hrs
A sweeping sandy bay joining other long, secluded beaches through the palm trees - idyllic beachcombing at a very romantic anchorage.

Day 3
Tobago Cays 4miles /30mins
A tight cluster of tiny desert islands of sandy, palm-fringed beaches protected by an outer reef. Explore the giant lagoon housing colorful coral, with shoals of all shapes and sizes of fish.

Day 4
Petit St. Vincent 5miles/ 1hr
A charming small island resort with nice walks and hammocks ready and waiting from where you can dinghy across to Mopion - everyone’s idea of an idyllic desert island.

Day 5
Canouan 8miles /1.5hrs
Known as the Heart of the Grenadines, this is a fantastic island for sports and activities. Beautiful lagoons, tennis, hiking and golf galore!

Day 6
Admiralty Bay, Bequia 18miles /3hrs>

7 sail & check back in
Sunsail Lagoon Hotel and Marina 8miles /1.5hrs