SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need a crew member in Norfolk, Virginia Area?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008

Discoverer138 is on a distinguished road
Smile Need a crew member in Norfolk, Virginia Area?

My name is Christen. I'm looking for anyone who needs an extra crew member for racing this upcoming season in the Hampton Roads/Norfolk, Virginia area. I am originally from Maryland and was a US sailing small boat sailing intructor for three years at a camp. I raced (for fun, nothing hard core) Hunter JYs, Hunter Excites and was a part of a crew of 5 on an O'Day 22' for two summers. I currently own an O'Day 17', just a day sailer, and am restoring it trying to get it ready for the spring. I work during the day till 5:00/5:30pm, the same in the summer, so this may have to be an evening or weekend thing. I really want to get back into racing for fun. If you need a crew member, message me back. Or, if you know of any racing that I can join myself with my boat, let me know! I am new to the area. Thanks!! Oh, are there any local boat ramps or good sailing spots I should know about around here? The harbor is quite intimidating where I live, near Downtown Norfolk with the big ships and small rivers.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook