SailNet Community - View Single Post - The most important piece of equipment
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Think the old Wombat must be in a crotchetty mood today but it does get up my nose all this blather about causing unneccessary worry amongst one's family and friends blah de blah de blah.

Wrong. They ( as in the friends and family) caused themselves the worry. Sod 'em.

If the boat had gone down or a true emergency developed , the Epirb could be activated and the relevent authorities would be informed. Having an SSB or Satellite Phone would not, in my opinion, improve your situation.

While I appreciate many of the advantages that modern communications have to offer being in constant contact with people on shore is not one of them.

Then again I am an antisocial SOB at the best of times who always thought that Friends was a steaming pile of excrement and if anyone ever walked into my apartment (a la Seinfeld) without knocking I'd shoot the bugger.

Hey, I know, the next womboat is going to be called the "Greta Garbo".

Dennis Leary kind of said it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNzZzsvOClc

cos I yam what I yam.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook