SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalinia retrofit article?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008

catamount is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueranger View Post
Hi,

Hoping somewhere can help me out. There was a guy who retrofitted a Catalina to the point where it was strong enough for a circumnavigation. I was told he wrote up all the modifications he needed to make and I was wondering if anyone knows if that information is on the "net." Google and various sailing forums didn't turn anything up.
"Living Out a Dream" by Dave Martin in the Jan/Feb 2008 issue of Good Old Boat magazine (issue #40, pages 28-31)

"Living out a dream: Dave Martin tells of the work he did to make a Cal 25 seaworthy. Key words: designer Bill Lapworth, flush deck, gunwales, companionway, bulkheads, hard doghouse, took out the cockpit, added stringers, revised the V-berth. Youth and poverty turn a stock Cal 25 into a world cruiser"

Dave has had a series of articles published in Good Old Boat that might be of interest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, a new voice for ocean conservation
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook