SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 37MS owners
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008

nwr is on a distinguished road
I 37 Ms

Sounds like ranes got the boat that was at mandeville on lake P. there in new orleans. we looked at her and liked the overall idea, mine has the motor under the salon vice under the cockpit. we looked around and bought one that was in michigan and had her trucked to new orleans in 02. moved her to charleston on her own bottom in mid 03. storm and all. she's not intended as an all weather boat, nothing this small is but with a narrow beam and good ballast ratio she stays on her feet in a blow. like any hull you have to keep the right amount of sail up for the wind. i have the schaeffer old style roller furler and roll up the sails to stow so we can change a sail easily without fighting the sail on deck. just stuff the rolled up sail down the fore hatch into the vberth and hoist the new one attached to the furler. I lost my asymetrical drifter and one jib when i left them rolled and hoisted in a gale while at the dock here in CHS. wind blew over 60 and the slack in the lines let them get loose enough that it tore up both sails. lesson learned, unless you have a really tight roller setup take down the sails for the storms inport.
Trying to sell her now that we're two boat owners. pass the word, good boat for a couple or small family with the vberth doule, mid double and aft single under the cockpit.
neal
843-364-1407 cel call anytime, i love to talk about "my baby"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook