SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sensible Cruising
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
This thread is FANTASTIC

This is the stuff I joined up for...

You guys make me feel like a 5 year old on a tricycle... I learn something here every day I log on, despite... the flair ups of personality...And this is the best kind of sharing.

Mainsail I knew you had some moxie and it's nice to git a better Glimpse...thanks for the list out of your preferences and the resulting comebacks from Cam and Val. Both are a wealth of information.... Happy camper I am..

When I was 17 I got my first, a Mac 21, Owned togather by 3 other of my closest friends. But it was really my boat. I sailed it 100 times more they any other...every chance i got.... My dream shared with my best friend Mark was to build a Bruce Roberts 45...a 35 if we had to sacrifice.. ( I still think big )

I have yet to come to grips that you cant have it all...I still want a 50+ with every thing on it...and until I do, maybe then finding out for my self that it may or may not be to big to Handel .. then it would be like steeling someones dream away from them...or telling a kid..."Oh, You could never accomplish that" . Just putting this down into words is quickening my excitement about it and that's what it is all about for me...Rather it costs a fortune to keep it a the dock or cast the lines and head off into the unknown..Its all about the adventure and...bless your harts.. like you have said all up to each of us.

I too love to read books about our love affair, but have humbly skipped whole sections devoted to ideas or beliefs I care not to entertain..This sailing life is such a part of our personalities as to who we are...Some might think me a snob or unwise because I want a 500,000.00 boat with all the toys... but I would be personally dejected if the 18' O'Day felt in any way unworthy or unwanted to raft up, least we share a beer and sandwich.
I hope I have conveyed my gratitude to all of you for this small glimpse into your lives and hope to someday measure up. as for now following in your wake
of knowledge is what I aspire to ... Thanks Vega for starting this....

Hope to some day raft up and share that beer with some of you... Until then I will keep that dream alive also!..

Last edited by Stillraining; 02-09-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook