SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help With Marine Plumbing / Fresh Water Issues
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 02-10-2008
Loewe
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 12
 
Make very certain the odor you have is not glycol. With engine heat exchanger systems it is imperative that you use low/no tox coolant as even a minute amount of automotive antifreeze can kill you. The less lethal possibility is a large build up of minerals in your water heater. Shock treatment as cam described works great for that algae smell / taste. I use chlorine year round at ppm levels compatible with our longevity. I also have stainless tanks that have been unaffected by this treatment for a little over 35 years. Have fun!
Regards,
Red
Loewe is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome