SailNet Community - View Single Post - Got a really good deal at a swap meet this weekend.
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008
'72 Pearson 36

SVDistantStar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SVDistantStar
Got a really good deal at a swap meet this weekend.

Ive been looking for a small rowing dink for awhile now and haven't been able to find anything i liked. West Marine did a swap meet over the weekend and i found what i was after. Its a "The Dink" model from 1988 and in great shape. Came with stands to go on deck and a cover. Got a nice new set of 5' oars from West Marine for $28/ea. Little boat rows like a charm, but it did come with a nice surprise. After i already said i was buying they told me it comes with an outboard also. They didn't bring the motor since they couldn't get it started. The guy went and got it from his shop, turns out to be a nice little 2.5 Nissan 2stroke. It wouldn't since they didn't have the little clip for the kill switch. I got a clip and it runs fine, but the fuel tank leaks, new tank $30. Oh yea, the dink/motor/stands/ and cover were $425.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1972 Pearson 36 S.V. Distant Star
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook