SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mason 33
Thread: Mason 33
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 02-11-2008
JohnRPollard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebornstein View Post
I have looked at the PS 34 as well. I am not a huge fan of canoe sterns from an asthetic point of view but I think all three boats (mason, psc, cabo ) are similiar. Eric
I guess I'm one of those rare folks that does like the canoe sterns aesthetically (when done properly). However, I find that in smallish to mid-size boats the lost hull volume is to me not worth the tradeoff neither for the aesthetic nor any other advantages attributed to canoe sterns. [Incidentally, I feel much the same way -- actually even more strongly -- about reverse transoms (with which you not only lose useable hull volume but also valuable deck space).]

Though both Crealock designs, the CR 34 is a foot beamier than the PSC 34, and with the CR34 beam carried well aft toward the stern it makes for a MUCH roomier boat. With the stretch to 36', it's probably significantly more voluminous than a PSC Crealock 37. But the PSC boats have fin rather than full keels, so will probably out-sail the CR in most conditions, though maybe not enough to matter when laden for cruising.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome