SailNet Community - View Single Post - SailCare Delivers
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
SailCare Delivers

okay, today was a great day..first the West Marine catalog comes in the mail...then late this afternoon UPS delivers a box containing my freshly cleaned and repaired main and 135% roller furl jib.
almost 8 weeks to the day from sending them in,now my 18 year old sails look like new.
i sent them in when SailCare was running their 10% discount special (back in mid december).
i kept in touch w/ Sam (i think she's married to the guy who owns the place), anyway, when i spoke to her last week, she suggested it might be another two weeks (making total time away from my boat being 10 weeks)..well, to my surprise, they appeared today.
now, my sails were in pretty decent shape when i sent them in, but $901.85 later my sails look brand new. i figured that replacing just my 135% with sunbrella strip would have cost me twice the price for a comparable sail from a decent loft (mine are UK Halsey)..
think i'm happy?..you betcha..great work and pleasant people made the process so easy.
in my previous life we'd say "treat people well, they will tell maybe, 3 others..treat them badly, they'll tell no less than 10..well..i'm so satisfied i'm telling my 3 right here.

Sam
Sanctuary, Sabre 30 mkIII
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook