SailNet Community - View Single Post - SailCare Delivers
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
to quote the great and infinite Cam (Oz).

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Ditto all the above...have used them for a couple of decades. Great folks and great process for restoring sails.
as i think it important enough to keep on the front page..
when i opened the sailcare box..(damn sails is heavy) i also noticed my freshly cleaned sailbags..and honetly, at first, thought they had replaced them w/o charging me..
second glance revealed "Passagemaker Main" and same for my 135% jib...
for anyone that decries the 'price', you are missing a bigger picture which is: preventative maintenance is the key. 18 year old sails and they are good as new..a suit O' sails for $901...helluva deal as far as i'm concerned.
now, if you send ratty, tattered cloth to em, be prepared for big expense or a "they're too far gone..we buried them at sea" bad on you for waiting so long..remember, our sails are our usually guaranteed source of power,please treat em with respect.
now i wanna go sailing..speaking of which..anyone in the lower ches bay who wants to go out the last week of feb..pm me..i'm near mobjack bay in mathews co.

Sam
Sanctuary, Sabre 30 mkIII
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook