SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 28 thruhull fitting?
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 02-14-2008 Thread Starter
Tundra Down
downeast450's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seal Harbor, Maine
Posts: 1,290
Thanks: 51
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Question Islander 28 thruhull fitting?

I have a steel fitting with a large wing nut tightening it into the hull in the bilge. The fitting is 2+" in diameter and has a plastic insert that is secured by a pin. The inner plastic plug is made watertight by two O rings that are spaced about 1/3 of its length from each end. The outer end of this plastic insert is flush with the outside surface of the hull. If it were not facing horizontally I would suspect it of being a depth transducer face. This assembly is mounted in the bilge and is about 6" above the top of the keel. I have two spare plugs for this fitting. I am guessing it is a garboard plug. It is not at a low point in the bilge.

Can anyone tell me what this is?

downeast450 is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome