SailNet Community - View Single Post - Women's opinion on Boat design
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008

rennisaint is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Capt Blye boat's, like I assume on Valiente's boat, will generally be a lonely boat, unless he finds Admiral Ms Blye.
Val...I think you just got burned, like hard core.

But seriously, yes, there are certain women you would have to be brain dead to attempt to bring on a boat. These are commonly referred to as high maintenance. Lots of women think of this as an insult. It's not, Saying a women is high maintenance is like saying she's a Ferrari, she's go the looks, but dammit, somebody let an italian pretend to be an engineer, and while that means everything about her is beautiful, you will pay out the @ss for it. On the other hand, I prefer a practically luxurious woman, like a BMW, give her what she needs and she will purr like a kitten. Sailing is the same, women want some modicum of privacy, even a v-berth with a curtain is ok, as long as they can be discrete (the beemer never wants a fuss). Women do not want a bucket! They do not want to put in the hatch boards, then throw their business (and bucket) overboard while everyone watches. So I agree in part with both sides of this debate. Women want, expect, and deserve, privacy, and discrete privacy at that. The finicky loud ones....leave at the dock.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook