Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Choosing a small liveaboard bluewater cruiser
I live in Toronto, and I am in the process of researching my first boat. Any advice you could lend would be fantastic.
Here is what I'll be doing with it and some other needs:
1. liveaboard in Toronto, including the winter months
2. sailing the great lakes, then trips to family in Halifax and New York.
3. sailing south to Cuba
4. hypothetically crossing the atlantic to Europe
5. I plan to mostly live alone on the boat in Toronto.
6. When cruising south a crew of 3 or 4 max (myself included)
7. I need a small/affordable but very reliable build
8. I can spend 30,000 max.
Here are some boats I've been considering in my research thus far:
1. Tartan 28
2. Pearson 323
3. Alberg Pearson 35
4. Sirius 28
5. Tartan 30
6. Tartan 34C
7. Aloha 8.5
8. Aloha 34 10.4
9. Catalina 27
10. Catalina 30
11. Pearson 31-2
Any other suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.