SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wauquiez Arch
Thread: Wauquiez Arch
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008
ASA and PSIA Instructor

sailingfool will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgoldberg View Post
Anyone see this? On the back cover of this month's Blue Water Sailing is a picture of one. The arch is fiberglass, and to me is no different than the old Hunter glass arches (the new stainless ones look fundamentally different in my view). Hunter got ripped for these things, and I'm curious if Wauquiez gets the same reaction. I bet not, as there is no anti-Wauquiez sentiment the way there is with Hunters. Curious what others think. No offense to Wauquiez sailors at all.
Dan,
FWIW as you know its use of the arch is only one of many reasons that Hunters might be and have been "ripped". Probably pretty low on a long list of reasons at that. Wauquiez is a offshore builder of high-end boats with a good reputation, and probably most Sailneters like myself have seen very few of them, if any, while Hunter is is a US builder of low-end boats, with a poor reputation, and we've all seen plenty of them. Few can comment knowingly on Wauquiez, whereas Hunter is a very well know brand, who has throughly earned it reputation.

Last edited by sailingfool; 02-18-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook