I intend to use the boat for a combination of day sailing, and 3 day - 2 week trips. I have never owned a pilot house boat but it has always interested me so if some of my questions appear to be stupid or to vague, I apologize. I was wondering how well the boat is suited for day sailing?
In particular I have the following questions:
1. Do do you find the pilot house to be a hinderance on a shorter day sail?
2. Can you see over the pilot house or do you normaly look through it. I am 5'10" and my wife is 5'7".
3. How well does she sail in 6-8Kts of wind? Where is her sweet spot in terms of making hull speed? In winds over 20kts can she stay balanced?
4. How well does she go to weather and at what apparent wind angle?
5. What has been your experience with the quality of the build, have you had many major issues with it.
6. what will she cruise at under power both normal and maxed out?
7. When sailing from within the pilot house do you have a decent view of the sails?
8. Do you find the pilot house problematic as a result of windage either at anchor or while docking.
I am really trying to get an overall feel for how the boat is to live with on a day to day basis.