SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Game...
Thread: The Game...
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008

TomandKarens34 is on a distinguished road
There is ALWAYS...ALWAYS... another boar/car/house/ etc. If you don't like the deal, always walk! The boat I bought was on Yachtworld for $24, 900 all summer. Then it just disapeared. OK. It was way beyond me anyway. Then, suprise! it showed up again for the "give-away" sacrifice price of $14,900! I called and offered $14,000, which was accepted instantly. ( Damn, I offered too much ) and I quickly added that I would have to include the haul and shipping with that price because I had no more money. The broker said he'd get back to me. He didn't call back, so I tried to call him and somehow I ended up talking to the outfit who was selling the boat, a charity organization. I told the charity official the truth, my wife didn't want me to get it, so all I could pay was $8000. He said the broker will contact you in 20 minutes. He was not a happy broker. Of course I had to pay the haul and shipping. Ended up $11,650 in my yard including the 6 new stands. Not a great deal, but not too bad, 1979 Irwin 34. It will cost about $10,000 more and two years more work to fix it up nice. But that is better "fixing" than just enough to get it in the water. I like the work and I like nice...

Last edited by TomandKarens34; 02-19-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: grammer failure
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook