SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wallas Stove Woes (And Remedies?)
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008

badge is on a distinguished road
ScanMarine Service - Great so far (with minor caveats)

An update to my post.

ScanMarine has offered to fix my stove free of charge.

They found a problem in my stove, a clogged heat exchanger.

They maintain that my original exhaust run had too many turns and clogged the heat exchanger through lack of flow, and they have said that despite my install causing the problem, they will give me a new stove.

I will have it known that I installed my stove directly according to their manual, including and exhaust run three feet shorter than their maximum of ten feet. There was nothing in the manual about avoid turns. When I mentioned this Mike said that they would never be able to print a manual thick enough to prevent users from mis-installing their devices.

In retrospect, it is clear that in all airflow cases the straightest run possible is essential. It doesn't take a thick manual to say, "Avoid any unnecessary turns. The straightest run possible is essential."

Anyways, as for actions, which is what really counts, if the stove given to me tomorrow works, ScanMarine are true heroes and men of great honor for giving service so quickly. They deserve commendation for backing up their products.

As for attitude, I have certainly received friendlier service, but frankly, if the stove works, I don't care. I'm happy.

I'll be back to let you know if the repaired stove fires properly.

Thanks,

Rob
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook