SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Dink, Looking at Tohatsu 3.5
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by halekai36 View Post
.......and the little Suzuki 2.5 weighs 29. The difference between a 2.5 and 3.5 will be hard to notice. If it were me I'd be buying the Suzuki, for the weight and the fact that it's still water cooled, but they are all very reliable motors and you can't go wrong with any of them! Don't pay the premium for the Merc as they all carry the same warranty...
I did initially think in the direction of the Honda 2, but went against it after reading some of the different viewpoints.

I did read a short review on YBW that said the Suzuki 2.5 was "A handy engine let down by its awkward stowing." How awkward could a tiny engine be? The Suzuki Marine website has some good info in the brochure. My only thing with this engine is, is it enough? Is there that much difference on the water between a 3.5 and a 2.5? Remember, I'm not looking to break speed records. However, if I'm moderately loaded with say, oh topless chicks and beer I guess, will the 2.5 be sluggish?