SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tides Marine STRONG mainsail track system
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008
phallo 1, Gustav 0

phallo153 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
I think that would be correct... the Strong sail track, from what I've seen of it, is pretty simple to install and works well. IIRC, it installs by attaching to the existing sail slug track on the mast.
Correct. Tides Marine will send you a set of gauges to measure the width and depth of the existing track and slot on the mast. The track is then milled to those specifications.

In most cases, modifications to the mast gate will have to be made - in the picture below, my mast gast was extended from 1.5" to about 3", both sides of the slot. It is imperative that the opening by filed very smooth - the smallest burr will gauge the track and eventually cause it to bind. A little dish soap and it slides right in. Below the mast gate the back of the track is flat, with several screws and backing plates that fit into the mast track and are then tightened to keep the track in place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook