SailNet Community - View Single Post - No cameras, no websites, no sponsors, no media, no net, no fuss...the real deal!!
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Uh ?,
I'd say that the relevant difference is not found in the size of his boat but in the fact that he is in Portugal and we are not. He'll be in Bremerhaven and we will not. We will have the quarter of our boat beautifully, and expensively, painted with our boat's name. He used mailbox lettering from the hardware store, much to the consternation of the frigate birds. If I ever cross the Atlantic again, it'll likely be in a much smaller boat than "recommended". I'll be comforted somewhat by the knowledge that most of the "recommended" sized boats will probably never cross the Atlantic, or any other ocean, and that they and their owners will never find a compelling reason to do so. Ironic how the size of the boat increases in direct proportion to the age of the owner, while the likelihood of an ocean crossing seems to decrease in inverse proportion. Just some observations from a de-clutched mind.