SailNet Community - View Single Post - No cameras, no websites, no sponsors, no media, no net, no fuss...the real deal!!
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
More from my new friend Alois...

Soon I will have many many posts with his adventures...small things he said...like losing his head stay 1000 miles off the coast of the US and staying adrift 10 days after his engine died (no storm, he was lucky, BUT ABOVE ALL THANK BENETEAU FOR A KEEL STEPPED MAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!)....

2 USCG rescues ( he has a big thank you for the USCG), after a Chinese tanker refused to come in his rescue to assist, the USCG flew a heli and stayed with him, with a heli, later a plane and the heli again, untill an Italian tanker (the nice ones), came to his rescue and gave him diesel, unfortunately 1 hour after heading back to the US, the engine quit again, because the diesel the Italian tanker's Filipino crew gave him was contamintaed and clogged all the filters forcing him back to the US.

a six day storm .....twice....doing 10 knots boat speed with only a few turns of his furler genoa (yes furler genoa, no storm sail for this guy)...

There are many stories...like on the 2 six day strom he was exhausted and just cocooned the boat, went inside and lay on the floor with dramamine, as he got seriously sick for the first time in his life....

He will tell me all those by email he will send to me to post...

In the mean time...here he is..my friend Alois

By the way..behind him...my ex neighbour that today was shredding his main sail to do a cover for his already shredded dodger!!!!

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook