SailNet Community - View Single Post - No cameras, no websites, no sponsors, no media, no net, no fuss...the real deal!!
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I hate to say it...but I have to agree with Sway here... the larger the boat, and the older the sailor, the more likely the boat stays a harbor or dock queen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway21 View Post
Uh ?,
I'd say that the relevant difference is not found in the size of his boat but in the fact that he is in Portugal and we are not. He'll be in Bremerhaven and we will not. We will have the quarter of our boat beautifully, and expensively, painted with our boat's name. He used mailbox lettering from the hardware store, much to the consternation of the frigate birds. If I ever cross the Atlantic again, it'll likely be in a much smaller boat than "recommended". I'll be comforted somewhat by the knowledge that most of the "recommended" sized boats will probably never cross the Atlantic, or any other ocean, and that they and their owners will never find a compelling reason to do so. Ironic how the size of the boat increases in direct proportion to the age of the owner, while the likelihood of an ocean crossing seems to decrease in inverse proportion. Just some observations from a de-clutched mind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook