SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboards and Dockage in General for Baby boomers
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003

auterygd is on a distinguished road
Liveaboards and Dockage in General for Baby boomers

Name: W. C. Autery
E-Mail: wautery@cfl.rr.com
Subject: Liveaboards and Dockage in General for Baby boomers
Body of Message:
Hello
This is neither an advertisement nor a come on for funds. This is a problem that plagues us baby boomers not privy to unlimited dollars. My wife and I have been liveaboard cruisers and currently on the hard completing the refit of our second catamaran. We have many cruising and liveaboard friends and the common concern among all of us is where am I going to dock or where can I live aboard. Marinas continue to kick out liveaboards or are sold to be replaced by condominiums developments. We live in Central Florida and have searched all of Florida and the eastern seaboard to the ice line and are simply stymied by the lack of inexpensive marinas or the unavailability of places to dock at reasonably cost. We have decided to either buy waterfront property or a Marina and convert or build a non-commercial place to dock or come back to. Of course the problem is we don''t have those types of funds. I decided to put this out on several sites to see if I could get people who are interested in solving this problem to respond with ideas and come up with a solution that can benefit many or a few. Please respond with comments to wautery@cfl.rr.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook