SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hurricane Season
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008

latestcaper is on a distinguished road
Hurricane Season

Howdy,
After buying my boat in the BVI and cruising the Caribbean for 2 seasons I am bringing her to the east coast. Our plan is to do the inland waterway, Erie canal, Great lakes then maybe ship to Vancouver or who knows. In the mean time boat is currently in Puerto Rico, after sailing her from Grenada this season. Leaving PR mid April to DR, Turks up the Bahamas then across to FL? GA?. Then I have to be Back to work July 1. Heres the question. I am looking for advise on where to leave the boat for Hurricane season? I would like to stay as far south as is resonable. Caralina's? Or should I take her to the Chesapeak? No insurance, I'd have to work another month each year. If so any Ideas where I might leave her? I am totaly new to the east coast. Also any Ideas about the trip from PR to the states? Any most do's or places to avoid? I only have 5 weeks to do the reseach so any advice would be appreciated.
Here's plan A schedule
Leave PR 4/10
Arrive Turks 4/18
Arrive Georgetown 5/10
Arrive Nassua 5/20
Leave northern Bahama's 6/1 to Jacksonville???
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook