SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C 37 Centerboard
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
C&C 37 Centerboard

What do folks think about a mid-80's C&C 37 as a performance cruiser for the Chesapeake and perhaps east coast coastal cruising in the future? I came across a centerboard version which meets my need for sub 5' draft and the layout looks suitable for cruising. Anybody on the board have any experience with this model? How's it handle light air/heavy air. Being that C&C's were raced and would generally have a few crew, would this boat be any more difficult than any similarly sized boat for a couple to sail? I've been to the C&C owners sight but the 37 wasn't their most popular model and centerboard versions are particularly rare.

C&C 35's are pretty popular on the Chesapeake, but I haven't considered them because the deep draft conflicts with my gunkholing ambitions.
The centerboard 37 seems to get a pretty neat compromise with PHRF ratings around 114 while retaining a fairly shallow draft with the board up.

I know the boats have balsa cored hulls but so do many other of the boats that are highly recommended on these lists like Sabre's and others. Are there any other pro's or con's for C&C's in general or this specfic model?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook