SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fule overflow rate
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008

Yofy is on a distinguished road
Well I thought it just might be a simple question... but to make myself clearer I'll go into a little background on why I want to know.

Reason #1: Simular to billyruffn's experience, we are getting ready to cruise up to the Med soon. As we are currently lying in the Red Sea this passage will require a long beat into strong headwinds up the Gulf of Suez. Several days of motor sailing into the wind. Then we will have two days of motoring through the Suez canal. We are a small boat (Fortune 30) and while we do have what I consider to be good tankage (150 litres), we will have to be careful. Until Port Suez, we will be without options to refuel. (Yes we will also carry jerry cans of fuel as emergency backup, but I want to be able to estimate my fuel consumption.)

Reason #2: I have reasons to question if enough fuel is reaching my injector pumps/ feed pump. (I am not sure if there is a free flow of fuel in the line).

I don't need to know the exact rate, I'm just looking for a way to gauge here... a rough idea... an estimated percentage to help me figure out both issues. I have heard of 70 % but it doesn't make sense to me.

So, now that you know why... does anybody have a rough idea?

Manny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook