SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rebuild 2GM vs repower with 2YM15 or 2YM20
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
If you have gone to all the trouble of pulling the engine, you really should do more than "just clean it up". At a minimum, I'd have your brother do b,c, and d while it's out. Otherwise you may be re-installing an engine with little life left in it, or not, but you just won't know.

With a larger engine, I would expect that you'd need to re-prop (size and pitch). If you do go that route, this would probably be a good time to replace the shaft rather than re-use the old one.

If space is tight, the Beta equivalent is about 1.5 inches shorter and 1 inch narrower than the Yanmar.

I would suggest you peruse some of the re-powering threads here on Sailnet. There's usually quite a bit more to it than simply swapping the engines out....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook