SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Needed for East coast & Carribean
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003

captsky is on a distinguished road
Crew Needed for East coast & Carribean

Hello, My name is Skyler R. Chapman. I am looking for a job primarily as a captain or 1st. Mate. If those positions are unavailable working as a deckhand will be good , too. I also have a very good background in mechanical, electrical , general repair and tender ops. I am also very good with guests as I have 10 years of tourism in the diving and charter business. As a captain and dive instructor I have learned to deal with almost every type of situation and client. Having worked on all types of vessels in several different capacities I see my job is to promote safety and ensure that myself, other crew members and guests have a good time, positive attitude and enjoy themselves while aboard. Please contact me if you have further questions. Thank you.

Curriculum Vitae
Skyler R. Chapman
Austin TX. : 512-343-0339
E-mail: captsky2002@yahoo.com
Language, English, Conversational Spanish
Nationality: US-Citizen

Qualifications:

16,000 miles + power and 4,000 miles sail experience and 1,300 + logged sea days U.S. and International
U.S.C.G. 50 tons Masters license power and sail
U.S.C.G. 200 ton 1st Mate with SCTW 95 endorsement and assisted commercial towing
P.A.D.I. Master Scuba Diver Trainer Instructor (M.S.D.T.) and Specialty Instructor with 8 different specialties. P.A.D.I. rescue diver and divemaster rating. Over 4,000 logged dives and 300+ students trained.
Diving equipment maintenance and overhaul. Experienced in compressor installation, use, maintenance and overhaul.
P.A.D.I. Medic first aid / C.P.R. instructor, Red Cross C.P.R./B.L.S. training
Certified Master mechanic (A.S.E.) with extensive background and experience in overhaul, maintenance and diagnosis of marine engines, both gas and diesel, inboard and outboard. Electrical a/c and d/c power. Air-conditioning systems and much more.
professional video and still photographer, underwater and above
10 years in tourism internationally with management experience

Experience:

Captain: M/V Willow Dean day charter boat Jamaica (60ft.)
Co-Captain /Firstmate: M.S.V. Athenea catamaran Mediterranean Sea (64 by 30 ft.)
Captain: M.V. Huntress U.S. east coast and Caribbean (58ft. Blackwell sportfisher)
Captain: M.S.Y. Elonga Costa Rica, Panama (80ft.)
Captain: M.S.Y. Don Bosco, ketch rig motor sailor (68ft.)
First Mate and Engineer: MY Mardi Gras in Costa Rica (119ft.)
Captain: (stand-by) Encantador, sport fisher Costa Rica (44ft.)
Bridge and Dive Instructor Duties: M.Y. Royal Pacific, Charter Yacht in Costa Rica, Panama, San Blas, Columbia, Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao (174ft.)
Captain: Tahonga, sunsets, day and overnight trips in Costa Rica, (36ft.)
Captain: 4 delivery trips Texas to Costa Rica sport fishers (42-61 ft.)
First Mate: 3 Delivery trips Texas to Florida sport fishers (38-54 ft.)

References: available upon request

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook