SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wiring Diagram Review
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008
SailAway

maccauley123 is on a distinguished road
Response

Chuckles, thanks for the thoughts, couple of answers.

Bilge pump - Bilge Pump has an internal float switch so is just a two wire. I have a small device that allows me to connect up to 3 lines directly to my house battery.
Charger - I have no charger now but will be getting at least a small solar charger I can plug into a 12v outlet to keep batteries topped up. Would connect to outlet in cockpit when leave the boat. Maybe bigger later.
Spare breakers - I rearranged the panel a little so I now have 2 spots on the panel open. The outlets on the Main fuse bus is for 2 12v outlets. Was going to put one in cockpit and 1 in cabin. A couple more is a good idea.
Voltmeter - I have an analog voltmeter I forgot to put on the diagram. Was going to install with a switch so I can check either battery. Digital is a good idea.
Cabin fan - I have a hard wired one now but like the idea of a 12v one. I like the idea of more 12v outlets.

My diagram says chartplotter but it is really just a removeable bulkhead mounted GPS. This is now on a shared switch with the Depth.

Get out there!

Saco Bay, Maine
1971 Ericson 29
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook