SailNet Community - View Single Post - No coverage
Thread: No coverage
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008

rperret is on a distinguished road
Another source of information and some parts - is Offshore Spars in Michigan - just north of Detroit. I needed to replace one of my spreaders tips - and I ended up having them refurbish them - they did a fantastic job and their price was very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakuehn View Post
From a business strategy perspective, I take my hat off to Leon Slikkers and Sons for nurturing a successful manufacturing business in a state (Michigan) where similar enterprises are quite out of the norm. Occasionally, I will pick up a power boating magazine and look at what they have to say about Tiara Yachts or Pursuit Boats and the familiar discussion of quality design and construction (especially fiberglassing techniques) is always mentioned. I have been working hard on a minor refit of my 7.3 for the last year and contacted the Holland, MI factory for some rudder bushings, which I received within 3 weeks of my fax. They are great guys and my sense from talking with some of the staff is that they would love to get back in the sailboat business, but only if it makes economic sense.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook