SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crimping versus Soldering
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhedrick View Post
Boy, you guys are brutal. Of course I use the safety spades - that is why I mentioned "marine" store when buying connectors - I don't go to the local five and dime. So, I stand by my method. Hey guys, I built my boat from a bare hull. I have sailed it extensively and have never had a problem with any electrical install. And vibration, ok, ok, you get vibration but how many times do you fall off a wave?

My original response was to the posting regarding the problem with the gap on a heat shrink, which might have let moisture in - I offered a suggestion that might help and which works. I am outa here.
Hey, don't take any of it personal. It is a good discussion back and forth. Remember you cannot inflect tone in an email/thread/writing. I am certain they mean nothing personal.

This has been a much better thread than what I anticipated. Good to have everyones input.

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook