SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crimping versus Soldering
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008

rhedrick is on a distinguished road
crimps pimps etc.

Ok guys, I am over my angst. I understand - my interest is also in contributing to a full discussion of what works and what doesn't. I find these posts most educational, really. I hope to be able to contribute more in the future. Having built the Rhino (a Westsail 32) twice (I didn't get enough abuse the first time) and over a total period of 17 years (what? we don't live forever), I may be able to offer some advice as I do know a little bit about boat building (yeah, I can hear it now "a LITTLE bit"). And, I also accept the fact that I probably know more about boat building versus sailing although I think I can handle my own in the second (hey, it was gusting to 30 knots off Riaetea heading for Huahine and on the horizon, the SQUALL. With my -now - wife sitting in the cockpit of a totally unfamilar charter boat clutching the tiller in a death grip and yelling at me as I was frantically putting in the second reef , "YOU READ THE BOOKS, WHAT DO WE DO NOW?")- how sad. Anyway, I digress, thanks for the response. (I know, I know, I'm gabby.)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook