SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI, First Time
Thread: BVI, First Time
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2001

VIEXILE is on a distinguished road
BVI, First Time

I can see Tortola from my porch. Set yourself a reasonable itinerary, do some snorkeling or diving and have a laid-back vacation. The wind blows roughly from Virgin Gorda toward Jost, E to NE. Do an itinerary that allows both weatherly and downwind sailing in the same day. You''ll just scratch the surface of the BVI in 2 weeks. Go to Jost - Soggy Dollar, Foxy''s, etc. - Cane Garden Bay - Quito''s and tell Quito I said hi. If there''s a full moon around the time you''re going to be there, hit the full moon party at the Bomba Shack, anchoring in either Cane Garden or West End at Soper''s Hole and cab it to Bomba''s. An event and location not to be missed. Skip the mushroom tea. Willie T at Norman Island, the wreck of the Rhone, which can be snorkeled and viewed from above, if you don''t dive, Gorda Sound is nice, the baths, etc. etc. Just sailed through there on the round trip to St. Martin. Racing in Drake''s Passage in a couple of weeks. Enjoy. Then ask yourself why YOU couldn''t figure out a way to live here comfortably. That''s what we did.......
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook