SailNet Community - View Single Post - AMF 2100 Imformation
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003

bobm65 is on a distinguished road
AMF 2100 Imformation

I also own an AMF-2100 and race it on the potomac. I love the boat. It is an old Ted Hood mini-ton, one of the Robins I believe. There is an association with J-boats. Rod and Jeff Jonstone used to work for AMF before J-boats. Rod doodled a little design and tried to get AMF to build it, but they declined. The J bros wound up building it in their back yard and proceded to clean up un eastern Long Island sound. The J''s went off to found J-boats and the ''DOHH''s could be heard all over AMF. I''m not sure that the AMF-24 could have been as popular as the J-24, so maybe it all worked out in the end. In a little bit of irony, after the AMF marine division went out of buisness, J-boats bought the molds for the sunfish from AMF.

I have a copy of the owners manual. It is a bit old and faded. I can try to scan it and send it to you or photo copy it and mail it.

The I,J are identical to a J-22, so headsails and spinakers, used but in good shape are easy to come by. The P dimension is about 4 inches shorter than a J-22 so to use a J mainsail you will either need to pull on alot of cunningham or lower the gooseneck by 4 inches.

The downside of the J-22 sails is that they have a fairly narrow entry since the J-22 has a much narrower waterline beam. The AMF is "a bit wide in the hips".

please let me know if I can provide any more information. Where do you sail yours?

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook