SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is it with some people?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008
"Mentally Unbalanced"

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
What is it with some people?

I went down to check on my boat today, kept in the water of the winter. Anyway, not the point. So of course while I am there I check on others around me for anything, as I normally do anytime I visit the boat.

There is a nice Tartan 3500 just adjacent to me, very nice owners and seem to have been sailors for along time. I noticed today that there was some damage to the toe rail in the bow area, what appears to be a result of the boat hitting the piling due to the lines being to lose. After further investigation I see that there is some damage, very minor, but still unnecessary if the lines were shorter.

A few months ago his bow line had completely come off the pier, so I tied it back on and mentioned to the owner the next time I saw him. Previous to that I had tighten the lines up at least 2 or 3 times before because the boat was rubbing pilings/pier, once during Tropical Storm in fall 07 (name escapes me)

There are markings on the lines, with tape wrapped around the line, to mark the spot, but of course the spot is wrong.

So what gives...he has been told of the issue several times but seems not to give a ____...how can people ignore such a thing!!!!!!, this is a about a mid 90's boat, but just these 2 repairs would probably cost over $1000 to repair.

I just don't get it! Sorry for the rant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook