SailNet Community - View Single Post - Deliver my boat - Southport, NC to Solomons, MD
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008

statues is on a distinguished road
Moving your 35'

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak View Post
I am looking for someone to deliver my (well equipped 35ft center cockpit) sailboat from Southport, NC to Solomons, MD. Timeframe is pretty flexible, but sometime during April would be best. Budget is limited - I can pay $100-$150 a day (assuming 7-8 days) plus provisions, fuel, and reasonable transportation expenses.

I am probably not going to be available for the ride, so bring your own crew.
Reply with experience and/or references.

P.S. Sure hope this will be a better experience than my last disaster of a crew search here
My wife and I sailed our 30 ' Westerly from Beaufort N.C to the Keys and the Gulf on two separate occasions without mishap. I've sailed outside from Cape Cod to N.C. and frankly a crew of four is not to many when weather is about...and I wouldn't go outside with less...a crew of two is great for the waterway.
Since my wife ( a retired nurse) and myself (a retired business owner) are retired and without a sail at the present time.... we could move your boat about the middle of April and using the waterway from South port to Norfolk and then on to the Solomons would be about a 5 day trip (God willing and the creek doesn't rise) $100 a day and expenses would be more than fair.. I would like to know much more about your sail before committing to the charter....draft, how well maintained, when the last time it was sailed, condition , size of motor., anchors, electronics, etc.and most important do you require a licensed captain...Its a win-win for us...we've done the trip twice, going as far North as Deltaville , Va.on the Chesapeake...(the Solomons is the next stop down the line) To bad you can't make the trip..The Dismal Swamp with locks is a great experience...and the entire trip is a fond memory for us...if you would like to discuss this more, please contact me via e-mail to start and then we can converse via phone... Ralph & Jan ...statues@zoominternet.net...