SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone out there enjoy Dinghy sailing?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008

maellis is on a distinguished road
The nice thing about boats is there is a boat suited for just about every purpose and personality. If a boat serves your purpose and you like it, then by my definition it is a good boat. Although there are many different types of boats placed in the dinghy category, my preference is a sailing dinghy such as the Minto. For one, because I make the Minto, but more significantly I have had one for 28 years and in between big boats, I was never "boatless" because I would never consider letting go of my Minto. Besides being a great little rowboat, it also is the answer to the question I invariably ask myself once the anchor is set or the Cape Dory is tied to the dock, "what do I do now?" I go sailing. Even if there is little wind there is enough to make sailing the Minto fun. When the wind picks up it becomes exciting. Not "Laser" exciting, but exciting enough to satisfy my sailing hunger even if we had motored all the way from our last destination. In the NW our sailboats function as motor boats on more summer days than anyone wants to admit.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook