SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone out there enjoy Dinghy sailing?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
I really..

I really improved my sailing as a kid sailing on my Laser (hull #14). I've kicked myself in the ass every day since I sold it to my neighbor. I used to love to make it hummmmm and it made this really cool noise when planing that is etched into my memories of being a child!!

I've tried about ten times, un-successfully, to buy it back. He's given me right of first refusal for the day when he eventually swallows the anchor. I sailed that boat far and wide for years when not sailing my parents big boats. I once sailed it, at the age of twelve, from North Hampton NH to the Nubble Light North of York Harbor, ME and back with only a thermos of water and a sandwich. My mom was PISSED OFF when I got home..... I also had a Dyer sailing dinghy but I long to get hull #14 of the Laser back in my possession most..

I think it is very important to the understanding of sailing to sail small boats....

I love sailing dinghy's!!

This is an early photo of me, at about 10, bringing our Rhodes 19 into the mooring after a race! As you can see I also learned the fine art of varnish at a young age too.........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 03-07-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook