SailNet Community - View Single Post - What's on your Spring "to do" list?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
did my spring projects last week

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
I will be doing the usual when its pulled in a couple of weeks
  • waxing
  • bottom paint
  • zincs
  • stuffing box, etc.
and
  • hoping to get all the teak taken down and cetol (natural) applied
  • 2 nicro vents installed
  • am/fm radio installed
  • repair lettering on transom
  • new painted boot stripe
If I can get the done during my spring break week I'll be very happy. especially for the Chesapeake rendezvous in June, boat must look good

i pulled the boat and did the bottom in late november, so she has a slippery bottom.
this past week, this is what i got done"
i replaced the element in my cold water heater (5.99 at the local hardware store).
replaced some of my cabin lights w/ LEDs ( i especially like the nav station red)
repositioned my spin & whisker pole for easier access for me or my crew, mounted them from the pulpit and top of stanchions.
put small stickers on the boom identifying the different strings, so i no longer have to say;" release the topping lift, no..not that one, the one by your left hand..no..your other left hand..."
installed a shackle on the mast base to connect my whisker pole, and turning it into a sprit for my asymm. i did that by moving my anchor into the other chock, and now my pole is held in place by the anchor pins.
connected my mp3 to my stereo system via RCA cables.
cleaned and oiled all my interior woodwork.
replaced all burned out bulbs (in those places like engine compartment & cockpit locker).
drank lots of beer..and irish whiskey..(tullamore due).
slept in all the bunks..(oh..it dropped to 26 each night) some bunks were more comfy than others.
had a patch sewn on my dodger to prevent a small tear from turning into a big one.
polished some of the stainless in and out.
the most fun was raising my 135 while it blew 18+ down the channel..after getting it on, up and furled, i sat there huffin and a'puffin realizing, it is world's easier to do this w/ someone else.
my best friend came by one day ( much irish whiskey and lots of bass ales later, we had the main on (i only had to remove two of the full battens to make them orient correctly)..i won't even discuss me trying to get the zippers to line up for the mainsail cover..wasn't pretty..
but she's ready to go...
on a different note..anyone know anything about a race in july on the chesapeake? apparently your hull design must be 25 years or older to race...
i hear it is a blast...
so..bueller...bueller?

Sam
Sanctuary, Sabre 30 mkIII
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook