SailNet Community - View Single Post - Am turning 50 and need to prove to the world Im not an old fart ...yet
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
I am ticking the half century mark this year

and agree with all that age is a relative thing. I am an oldish fart only when I pass gas otherwise my mental self image is stuck around 26 or maybe 36 by now.
You asked about guide books etc. and I do not think that anyone mentioned the USCG Coastal Pilot manuals that cover every US inlet along the way for the trip you are planning. They are free and you can download them to your computer for future reference. They take a bit of sifting through to find the actual descriptions of each inlet, what you can expect in adverse tidal situations and other specific warnings. Well worth downloading and perusing a bit. They are available here: Office of Coast Survey - United States Coast Pilot
There are download-able charts available from them as well.
Enjoy your planning and as a half centurion (+) you will no doubt do the necessary research and contemplation to make it a fun and safe trip. I look forward to hearing about it next year.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook