SailNet Community - View Single Post - Recommendations on multiple purpose radar/plotter/GPS.
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008

JohnnyReb is on a distinguished road
camaraderie, no problem! I was sincere in my quest to discover if there was a structural or other deficiency in the Hunter. In the first post, I was not clear on the model of Hunter. I sincerely appreciate your candor since you thought I may be placing my family in undue risk of harm.

Thanks for the advice on the ICW options. The more I think about it, the more I lean toward your plan. Even if there is no real threat to the boat or crew, why beat 'em up with the chance of being scared or seasick or bored as you watch one point of land slowly drift by..............
Did that in a Nor'easter that moved down the coast to FL. Watched the lights of Miami on a northern track for more than 12 hours. No real danger, just the boat and crew taking a beating.

Cruisindad: I will take your suggestion and head to WM this weekend to play with the buttons and flashing lights! Normally the staff sees me hanging 'round the boring stuff comparing the price difference in buying line by the bag or the foot, this block or that cleat!
Thanks for the input.
JR
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook